1/21/2011

freedom


last wednesday, i rode my bike to work at six am. i had this great feeling inside of me as i traced a path in the thin layer of frost. not a single car was out that morning, just my bicycle and i cruising down clarkson. there wasn't any sound except my tires grazing the pavement and the street lights flickering above me. it was almost surreal, like a dream. the black sky, cold air biting my nose and silence to my destination. it was peaceful. thoughts that entered my mind disappeared with every rotation. i felt so free.

6 comments:

  1. love this. i feel so free when i ride my bike as well. like a kid again. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ kelli, =) it's great to live in a city thats so bike accessible. i just got my bike fixed and i almost forgot my love for it. almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds wonderful. I miss riding my bike, it's too much snow on the streets here..could be dangerous;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ maria, well were coming closer to spring, kind of. =)

    ReplyDelete