9/17/2010

time

i freeze a week of bananas for ice cream, smoothies and other recipes.

i've had the past couple days to really enjoy time to myself. i straightened up and got all of my busy errands done, took a few yoga classes and really made some yummy food.

it's good to really take advantage of the time you have because we are generally working or our and about. one thing i've been trying really hard to do is to maximize my free time so i'm doing something crafty versus watching movies or on the internet all the time. all of that raw energy keeps me going, serious!

my spiralizer (really awesome $30 investment!)

i like to add zucchini noodles to my salads for an extra crunch!

arugula/ spinach salad with flax seeds

I dressed it up with some creamy cashew dill sauce inspired by:

choosing raw, although i added some black pepper

and for a good quick recipe that i feel everyone should be able to create is:

simple guacamole
(makes 2 servings)

1 avocado
juice from 1 lemon
handfull of grape tomatoes
1/4 cup cilantro
1 teaspoon raw agave nectar
pink himalayan sea salt/ black pepper to taste

pit and chop avocado and place into bowl. mash well with juice from the lemon. you want a thick texture, but not to mushy. from here, place the rest of the ingredients and mix well!

our time to ourselves is precious. when we get our space to think and be ourselves some really creative stuff happens.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm ... that smoothie looks delicious. Love the guitar pic. Ha ha, I almost typed "pick," like you use to strum one. My hubby is trying to teach our kids to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it totally was! and thanks. instruments are amazing to learn. music opens up this crazy box in your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spiralized veggies look awesome! Where did you get yours from? I'd love to purchase one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ lml, i got it on amazon, it's called the paderno world cuisine vegetable spiralizer. seriously if your doing raw foods it is a good investment. i use it a lot to make raw pastas or toss into my salads!

    ReplyDelete